So the Central Bank of Ireland pushed out their Annual Report and an accompanying Performance Review this week. Few interesting things of note;
- Introduction of "Risk Governance Panels" for supervisory staff to 'engage with technical experts, risk specialists and senior staff other than those they report to on a day to day basis' - sounds almost like industry sponsored talking shops.
- Solvency II preparations section seemed very light in content (hosted seminars and workshops, conducted a survey and wrote the Solvency Matters newsletters). However, unlike the FSA, the Solvency II-specific costs are not busted out.
- 7 less (re)insurance undertakingsver the year
- Less inspection work but a third more review meetings
- Already 25 in the policy department from a standing start
- Another 220 staff to come on board over 2011